Friday, April 4, 2008

Day 11


How can we be friends with God? When I was reading Day 11 the part about meditating really spoke to me. As I reached the end of Day 11 I thought I can really meditate because I know how to worry already.

When you think about a problem over and over in your mind, that's called worry. When you think about God's Word over and over in your mind, that's meditation. If you know how to worry, you already know how to meditate! You just need to switch your problems to Bible verses. The more you meditate on God's Word, the less you will have to worry about. (Page 90)

Sounds so easy and yet I think we make it so hard. One of my favorite Scriptures is, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) ...and here's a holy experiment we can all try...whatever is giving you the most worries right now meditate on this Scripture and let us all know what happens.

No comments: