Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 7

In the midst of a rainy week Day 7 was like the sun shining in the window reminding me to always find ways to glorify God (even on those rainy days).

I thought the quote about worship on page 56 was great, "Worship is far more than praising, singing, and praying to God. Worship is a lifestyle of enjoying God, loving him, and giving ourselves to be used for his purposes. When you use your life for God's glory, everything you do can become an act of worship." What an awesome world this would be if we could all live that way!

I also thought page 57 had a great quote that fits this time of the Christian year. "Jesus stood at a fork in the road. Would he fulfill his purpose and bring glory to God, or would he shrink back and live a comfortable, self-centered life? you face the same choice. Will you live for your own goals, comfort, and pleasure, or will you live the rest of your life for God's glory, knowing that he has promised eternal rewards?"

As we journey though the end of Lent we know Jesus took the difficult fork in the road for each and everyone one of us...I know life can have its ups and downs but nothing can come close to what Christ did for us...it seems like such an easy choice for humanity but we often don't get it.

I hope you'll reaffirm your faith with me and pray the prayer on page 58 "Jesus, I believe in you and I receive you." I hope you have felt your heart warmed and that we can dare to walk together down that fork in the road to glorify God for all that God has done for us (even on the rainy days).

For a moment just close your eyes and picture the sun shining in your window (unless you like those rainy days) and ask yourself the question of the day, "Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory?" (I'm someone who has a hard time with the day to day minute details of life so that is where I'll be looking tomorrow).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew that I needed to become more aware of God's glory at work, which can be difficult to do. Today I found Air One, a streaming internet radio station with great Contemporary Christian music and talk. I highly recommend it as a gentle reminder. Very uplifting and consistently reminding me about being aware of God's glory. --Kate L.