Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 8

Day 8 is a great reminder of what worship is all about. "Anything you do that brings pleasure to God is an act of worship. (Page 64) As I thought about the question on page 68 "What common task could I start doing as if I were doing it directly for Jesus?" it reminded me of running.

Many of you know that I like to run. One day I just felt bored as I was running on the treadmill so I thought maybe I should pray (I do it with my eyes open). As I began to pray the boredom left me and I ran that day with a whole new sense of purpose. I wasn't just running but I also felt that I was able to talk to God during this special time as well... Since then I've added some different aspects of prayer to my running as well as getting some great music on my iPod.

(Just a couple personal thoughts for you today)...

No comments: