Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 9


I was really struck by Day 9 as I assisted in the Good Friday Service. I thought about what I had read that day as I shared the Scriptures leading up to the crucifixion. It is always a difficult yet powerful service for me to hear of all that Jesus went through because he loves each of us so much.

As I sat at the service I pondered the question on page 71, "In what areas of your life do you need to trust God completely? Trusting is an act of worship. Just as parents are pleased when children trust their love and wisdom, your faith makes God happy."

As you move through this Holy Weekend I hope you know that God loves you and here are the things Warren shares with us that will make God smile:

God smiles when we love him supremely.
God smiles when we trust him completely.
God smiles when we obey him wholeheartedly.
God smiles when we praise and thank him continually.
God smiles when we use our abilities.
God smiles when we trust him.

...and find a few moments to ask yourself, "Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?"

No comments: